Mission Statement & Core Values
ALBERTA & NWT DISTRICT
The Alberta & NWT District of the PAOC exists to initiate, facilitate and support the development of healthy churches, leadership, ministries and individuals as together we fulfill the Great Commission
Our core values are the character of godly leadership in accomplishing the tasks associated with fulfilling our mission
In addition to the Core Values of the PAOC, The Alberta & NWT District is committed to the following Core Values:
- We value relationships built on godly love, trust, and openness
- We value integrity in stewardship, character and communication
- We value service that expresses the very attitude and example of Jesus Christ
- We value excellence as the standard for all our efforts
- We value cultural relevance, while being anchored to historical and biblical truth
- We value innovation and an entrepreneurial approach to ministry
THE PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLIES OF CANADA
To make disciples everywhere by the proclamation and practice of the gospel of Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit; to establish local congregations and to train spiritual leaders.
- We Value God: His Word, and His Creation, His redemptive purpose in Christ for the world, and His presence through the Holy Spirit.
- We value people without Christ to whom we owe the compassion of Christ and an opportunity to receive the gospel and enter into Christian fellowship.
- We value individual believers and their personal commitment to Christ, the baptism in the Holy Spirit, discipleship, Christian family life, and fulfillment of the will of God.
- We value local churches worldwide which are marked by sound doctrine, Pentecostal worship, every-member ministry, loving relationships, Holy Spirit-empowered evangelism, anointed proclamation and practical expression of Christian faith.
- We value a cooperative fellowship that enhances the church's ability to fulfill its mandate, through servant leadership, a shared vision, flexible structures, and strategic mobilization of its resources.
The PAOC's "Statement of Fundamental & Essential Truths" (Article V of the General Constitution, By-Laws and Essential Resolutions adopted by General Conference 1994) is available for download.
Statement of Fundamental & Essential Truths